COVID is causing serious division in our society and way of life. The NSW lockdowns, school closures, and business closures have taken an immeasurable toll on so many hard-working Australians.
Key Christian Leaders from the corporate, government and not-for-profit sectors will deliver short prayers for the sick, lonely, depressed, homeless, students, isolated, families, small businesses, unemployed, those on the border of alcohol and gambling addictions and especially for all our health workers and government leaders working under COVID-19.
FamilyVoice Australia (NSW) has organised a non-denominational Day of Prayer via ZOOM for Wednesday, 18 August as follows:
Register for MORNING webinar session:
Register for EVENING webinar session:
Registration is free for anyone wishing to join the NSW Prayer Day Sessions.
Some of the faith leaders participating include:
- The Most Reverend Kanishka Raffel – Anglican Archbishop Diocese of Sydney (Opens the session at 8:00am)
- Most Rev Bishop Richard Umbers – Catholic Archdiocese of Sydney
- Tanya Davies – NSW MP
- Nathan Brown CEO - Christian Media & Arts Australia
- Rev Peter Barnes - Moderator-General Presbyterian Church of Australia
- Rabbi Yanky Berger - Australian Jewish Association
- Hon. John Anderson (former Deputy PM)
- Rev Hon Fred Nile MLC
- Nick Farr-Jones – former Wallabies Captain
- Rev Dr Steve Bartlett - Director of Ministries Baptist Churches
- Peter Bentley - Assembly of Confessing Congregations
- Judy Russell – Christian Worldview
- Rev Peter Rahme – Christian Author
- Rev Peter Robinson – Governing Board FamilyVoice (NSW)
- Rev Viniana (Vinnie) Ravetali (Chair) Sydney Presbytery Standing Committee Uniting Church NSW
- Rev Phillip Jensen - Two Ways Ministries